CORONAVIRUS, West Mall 7 Theatres
A message to our customers about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Posted: May 21, 2020
Dear West Mall 7 Customers and Friends,
As now permitted by the City of Sioux Falls and the State of South Dakota, we are re-opening the West Mall 7 Theatre for a limited schedule of movies beginning Friday, May 22, 2020.
When you return to the movies, you’ll find that we’ve put many new protocols in place for the health and safety of both you and our employees. We are also actively monitoring guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as any new government directives, and we will continue to do that on a daily basis.
Here are the new protocols we’ve implemented:
FOR OUR PATRONS:
- Provided on-line ticketing, concession packages, and discounts to promote low contact transactions prior to your arrival;
- Staggered our show times significantly to reduce the number of patrons entering the facility at any one time;
- Reduced the capacity of each auditorium to 40% of total seat count to allow extra social distancing between groups during the movie;
- Implemented an on-screen message reminding all patrons of social distancing requirements and CDC guidelines before each show;
- Tripled the intermission time between shows to allow for thorough auditorium cleaning and armrest disinfecting before the next showing;
- Added an option for private family or small group showings at a reduced rate (see our website for details).
FOR OUR EMPLOYEES:
- Instructed our employees to refrain from reporting to work if they or a member of their household have symptoms or feel unwell;
- Implemented mandatory temperature checks for each employee prior to beginning a work shift; employees who exceed the CDC guideline will be asked to return home and seek medical advice;
- Reinforced our existing personal hygiene policies including frequent hand washing between tasks;
- Provided face masks and gloves to be worn where possible;
- Scheduled one employee to work per station to maintain social distancing
AT THE THEATRE:
- Installed clear plastic barriers at each service station to minimize contact;
- Provided multiple service stations to help maintain social distance;
- Added regular disinfecting of all frequently touched surfaces (such as door handles, countertops, and bathroom fixtures) to our normal cleaning procedures;
- Added disinfecting of every auditorium seat arm rest between every showing;
- Implemented frequent monitoring and cleaning of restrooms;
- Added disinfecting of surface areas and seats to our overnight deep cleaning procedures.
We are also working on other new features to promote social distancing including reserved seating and self-service kiosks that you will see soon.
As we work to carry out these new protocols, we encourage you to allow a little extra time when coming to the West Mall 7 and please observe social distancing at all times. We will do our best to make your experience as safe and pleasant as possible.
Thank you for the privilege of continuing to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the movies.
West Mall 7 Theatres