CORONAVIRUS UPDATE, West Mall 7 Theatres
A message to our customers about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Based on our interpretation of the business guidance provided today by South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem in her Executive Order regarding the Coronavirus pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close the West Mall 7 Theatre effective Tuesday, March 24.
We are a local business that is taking this step only after
careful consideration. We believe it is
the right thing to do to help our employees and customers stay safe and
healthy during this time.
At a future date, we look forward to welcoming you back for movies on the big screen with an audience – the way they were meant to be seen. For now, we must all join together to weather the crisis and slow the spread of the COVID-19 threat.
Thank you for your patience and support. We hope to see you again soon at the movies.
In the meantime, we continue to take numerous steps to increase our standard cleaning and sanitizing efforts as described below in our posting dated March 13. This week, we have also scheduled 25 show times each day at widely separated times, and we are actively limiting attendance at each showing to less than half of the auditorium's capacity so moviegoers can easily practice social distancing. Individual groups should be able to be seated more than 6' away from other attendees. If you are dissatisfied with your seat or change your mind for any reason after you arrive, we will gladly refund your purchase.
- Advised our employees verbally and with posted notices about the situation;
- Reminded our employees that they should be conscious of their own health and well-being first, and instructed them to refrain from reporting to work if they or a family member have symptoms or feel unwell;
- Reinforced our existing personal hygiene policies including frequent hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes;
- Implemented a mandatory policy to wash or sanitize hands every 30 minutes (or more often if handling items not provided by the theatre);
- Increased our regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures for frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, bathroom fixtures, and seat armrests;
- Provided food handling gloves for use when possible
West Mall 7 Theatres